LIVES Social innovation (LSI)
Developed by the Faculties of Health Sciences and Social Work of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland (HES-SO) together with the LIVES Centre, LIVES Social Innovation (LSI) is a resource and competence platform aimed at supporting the development and promotion of social innovation projects.
Its ambition is the uptake and use of research on the life course and vulnerability for the development of novel solutions in the face new social and health needs in public policy making and professional practices.
To this end, the LSI platform organizes networking events and workshops and offers support services to help set up social innovation projects notably in partnership with institutions and companies active in the social and health fields.
- Call for projects - Innovation Booster Technology & Disability. Deadline 15 October. Cheques to start your project are CHF 5'000 and 10'000, for a feasibility study, exploratory research or a prototype. For those interested in learning more about the Innovation Booster and participatory methodologies, a training day will be held on 24 September in Neuchâtel. Participation is free of charge. Programme and registration: Journée de formation - FRH Fondation (frh-fondation.ch
- The technology transfer support unit of UNIL and CHUV, PACCT, invites researchers to submit applications for support of up to CHF 100'000 for the creation of start-ups.
- Call for projects, Ucreate3, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Hub, University of Lausanne, submission by September 22
The LSI regularly organises workshops on topical issues highlighting the contribution and/or the potential for social innovation of research on life-course and vulnerability. Here are the dates for 2022:
- 17/03/2022 A la recherche de santé et de sécurité au travail: la prostitution en quête d’innovation
- 23/065/2022 Palliative care
- 06/09/2022 Non-take up of social and health services
The themes and the programme of the workshops will be published as soon as possible.
As the LSI progresses in its development, this section will continuously be expanded to include new elements. We aim at providing all the information needed to engage in social innovation. To do this, particular attention is given to the social and health fields, whether it be research, professional fields or civil society.
- Annuaire LSI : a listing of institutions and structures in connection with social innovation in the Suisse romande (French only).
- Orientation & advice: in order to quickly find yourself in the vast field of social innovation, you may want to get in touch with the LSI coordinator. All persons working for or interested in working with one of the LSI member institutions (HES-SO / UNIGE / UNIL) may do so, by contacting Pascal Maeder either by phone + 41 (0)79 362 45 17 or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tools (under construction)
- References (under construction)